[OM] Install it Yourself Light Seals

Subject: [OM] Install it Yourself Light Seals
From: kdunn@xxxxxx
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 20:26:40 -0400
Has anyone bought and installed the OM light seal kit from the Olympus Guy?
My 1980's vintage OM2N has exhibited rubber rot near the back cover hinge.
The foam seals inside the body seem to be in good shape. I guess the seal
near the hinge is deteriorating due to compression and wear due to it's
proximity to the hinge.

1. Were the seals easy to install?
2. Are they of good quality?
3. Does the seal kit address the problem I've described?
3. Am I better off taking my chances with a camera repair shop?

I'm fearful of repair facilities now that Olympus no longer services or makes
parts for the OM2. I'm very interested in any experiences and advice
subscribers
to this list can share. Except for the problem I've described my original
owner
camera is in better shape than what I've seen on store shelves and I
consider it
irreplaceable.

Thanks.