Re: [OM] Small tip - Restoration of rear lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Small tip - Restoration of rear lens caps
From: sunil manga <ameteep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 08:53:14 +0530
Hi!!
Ref.: 'Restoration of rear lens cap'.
The BEST and SAFEST method to restore RLC is as follows.
Take a GOOD 'two tube EPOXY' mix a small amount* apply on
the top surface of the RLC * allow 24 hours to DRY in an pen
area, preferrably under/ around a light bulb * Once its dry,
FIle off excess and polish the surface till the cap sits
tight on the lens rear without slipping.

It WORKS great and is applicable for most Bayonet type RLC.
TAKE CARE, make sure the EPOXY is completely dry before
fixing lens.
This should last for a couple of years or at least a
thousand lens changes.

Sunil Manga.