Re: [OM] OM Macro stuff (from focus camera)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Macro stuff (from focus camera)
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:11:17 +0000
Thanks Warren
Yes like you I've bought much of my OM gear used, though I did manage to
buy my
OM4Ti new before horrendous price increases in the UK. I hope to make
another
purchase of new Macro gear say from B & H (at the 'pre-increase' prices) to
complete my requirements. I hope to do a college diploma on Macro, for
which I need 'professional' equipment, OM must offer the most comprehensive
range in 35mm.

For everyone, I would recommend the Zuiko 90F2 macro very highly, although
heavier
than the 100 f2.8 it is still easy to handhold even for macro work.  The
further lens to subject
distance offered by the lens, especially compared with the 50mm macro, is
extremely useful.
Taking macro shots outside becomes very easy, provided that you have
reasonably steady hands. For me the lens is perfect since I take a lot of
macro also for general purpose photography (eg landscape, obviously
portraiture) I find that focal length most useful giving the most pleasing
perspective.

Congratulations on your new purchase.  Although I usually purchase used, it
is
very important to the continued viability of the Olympus system that your
purchases move some abacus beads at Olympus headquarters.
Warren Kato

 ? F.I.GROUP PLC