Re: [OM] ASA setting and exposure compensation

Subject: Re: [OM] ASA setting and exposure compensation
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:33:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998
Wiliam.Wagenaar0.000000E+00DSKSGNETHERLANDS0.000000E+00DSNETHERLANDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 wrote:

> As far as I know this will not work. The combines ASA setting and exposure
> compensation knob is just an adjustable resistance which starts at an
> ASA-setting and ands at another ASA setting. If you dial the maximum ASA
> setting and then want to dial in exposure compensation -1 (so you would set
> an even higher ASA) you exceed the limit of this.

  As it happens, the camera, as others have reported here, has a meter
that goes to 3200. But if the EV range on the meter can handle what you're
doing, then 1600 and a -1 on the compensation dial, should work. If not,
well, then the dial is useless on the minus end at 1600 (odd, since the
camera's meter goes to 3200), and should equally be useless at the plus
end when set at the lowest ISO. I will have to check that personally on
one of my OM-3's and see.
                                   *= Doris Fang =*