Re: [OM]#2 What's with the T-10?

Subject: Re: [OM]#2 What's with the T-10?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:04:53 EDT
Hi Tim:

> --Is the T-28 Macro twin, or single, a superior unit for nature work?

I briefly used a ring flash in a short career as a museum exhibit designer.
The flat lighting simply wasn't suited to 3D subjects, but was great for two
dimensional work, like copying flat documents.  The low output was a
hinderance to hand held work, even with a 50 mm macro's close operating range.
I now use a pair of T-32's (with one having a neutral density filter), or a
T-32 and a T-20, in order to get modeling in 3D subjects.  Just like in
portraits, it makes a heck of a lot of artistic difference.  The ability of
the T-28 to accept T-32 filters gives one lots of modeling choices.  I have it
on my list of wants, but meanwhile the combo I use is good enough to keep the
T-28 lower on the priority list.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV