Re: [OM] Re: fuel prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: fuel prices
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:26:19 -0700

Ken Norton wrote:

> >why are there so many postings about fuel prices in the USA?
>
> Probably because we are trying to justify our Suburbans and Tahoes.
>
> Ken (paying $.94 - 1.02 per gallon)

Easy to justify at that price.  Out here in N. California, we're being
gouged to the tune of $1.60 or so. BTW, Ken, have you heard of the new
"environmentalist" efforts to put a surtax on "large" SUVs to discourage
those of us who prefer to drive them?

OM content- The SUV (first a Cherokee, now a Tahoe) is the only way to
go for me when photographing.  Room enuf for all the OM gear, plus
camping/backpacking gear, plus can go where ordinary cars can't.  And,
NO, I don't use mine as a nature-destroying-machine.

george