Re: [OM] Re: fuel prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: fuel prices
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 18:42:54 -0400
>>With increased insurance costs (because those nutty environmentalists are
getting killed in their '63 Beatles), high fuel consumption, high purchase
price, and of course more quarters at the car wash we are paying our fair
share for the priviledge of driving a Queen Mary on Wheels>>

I must admit to being uncomfortable with the hugeness of some of these
things. Part of it is living in the city, where if you had one, you have to
wait for three Hondas to pull out at the same time to get a parking spot
<g>. Part of it is that in a way they remind me of America; big, arrogant,
wasteful, and throws it's weight around!

But being an American capitalist, there's not a damn thing I would like to
see done about it!

Here's some food for thought. Right now, because of the expense of these
things, they are being driven by folk who tend to be older, affluent, and
married with children. And have the money to maintain them. Low-risk
drivers. What happens in 10-15 years when every kid's first car is no
longer that old '63 Beetle (or even a '97 Beetle) but instead a beat-up,
no-brakes, un-suspended 6,000 pound 15-year old behmoth?

Oly content: Strange that guys who like such little cameras like such big
cars!

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com