Being offended (minimal OM content, was Re: [OM] Batteries)

Subject: Being offended (minimal OM content, was Re: [OM] Batteries)
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:37:13 +1000
  Why oh why do people become so easily offended?

  I think Chris's comments on FAQ's and the like were
well within the bounds of politeness. He was merely
pointing out to some of the great unwashed that things
such as FAQ's exist.

   I'm sure every net newbie has gone through
a baptism of fire which was much more vitriolic
at some stage.
(as we all have with many other aspects of our lives).

  That's life. Cope with it!

  I feel no great loss when people drop in, ask a
silly question, are pointed (shoved?) in the right
direction and then feel the need to storm off in a huff.

  With any luck, those people will make that mistake
_once_, and forever thereafter spend a little of their
precious time using the wonderful resources of the web
(jeeze, we used to do it with archie!), BEFORE they
go and ask if putting their trousers on backwards
is a good idea or not.

     duncan

(walking straight to the wardrobe to put my asbestos suit on)