Re: [OM] Used lens: infinity out of focus.

Subject: Re: [OM] Used lens: infinity out of focus.
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:39:03 EDT
Hi Chris:

> Surely, Gary, you should be able to get pinpoint infinity focus, but it
>  just won't be right at the end of the focus ring travel?

Correct.  The situation could arise in which a lens gets out of wack and won't
even go to infinity.  I saw one of those at a shop recently.  Unfortunately it
was purchased in no time flat because it looked like a buy to an unsuspecting
customer.

I should mention that the situation in which my 200 mm f/4.0 Zuiko was off the
infinity mark was in near freezing temperatures.  I have a 200 mm f/5.0
multicoated now (not many made) that I'll have to test in this plus 110 degree
heat!  John H. just addressed this situation for other long Zuikos.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV