Re: Re: [OM] Re: (OM) 2S/Winder 2 problem

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Re: (OM) 2S/Winder 2 problem
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:32:49 EDT

<<> My OM2S, which doesn't suffer from any of the bugs hashed out in this
> forum, will not function properly with the Winder 2.  Basically when you
> trip the shutter the camera will make an exposure, but not advance the
> film.  A subsequent push on the shutter release will then advance the
> film.  This happens about half the time; otherwise the winder will go
> through its full cycle.>>

When shooting with the OM4T and the winder 2, if I release the shutter with
the camera's shutter button, rather than the button on the winder 2, I then
have to push the button on the winder to wind the film.  Noticed this when
shooting hummingbirds with a remote screw-in shutter release.  Solution is to
buy the remote electronic release for the winder.  Of course, pushing the
shutter release on the winder2 releases the shutter and winds the film.
Hope this helps
Ed