Re: Being offended (minimal OM content, was Re: [OM] Batteries)

Subject: Re: Being offended (minimal OM content, was Re: [OM] Batteries)
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 10:43:47 +0200
Friends,

Remember one thing about asking silly questions or not:
Sometimes a new subscriber ask a question just to get INTO the list! It
is a huge difference between a subscriber who want to stay anonymous
(lurking) and the one who want to get accepted and feel they belong to
the list.

One way to get the feeling of being accepted as a new subscriber is to
ask a question and get an answer. Sometimes that is the only way as
well.
Therefore I think no matter the question one should be as polite and
answer as one can. And there should be no thinking of educate others or
not, heck, we are talking photographic (and other stuff) issues here! It
is not something we should be afraid of to let other people know, is
there?

Come on now, please don't get upset for "obvious" questions or questions
that already have been asked and discussed. How silent would not the
list be if it was not for the questions and discussions? If everyone
would refer to the FAQ?

As I said, there may be other reasons for questions; the feeling of
being accepted as list members!

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen