Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 2S/Winder 2 problem
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 22:53:36 -0500
At 10:14 PM 8/8/1998 -0400, Morgan you wrote:
>As the original poster of the problem, let me clarify:
>
>The problem is the winder not going through the full cycle.  The shutter
>fires, and the mirror returns; the winder will not advance the film
>beyond that.  It requires a second shutter trigger to advance the film.
>This second "shutter release" will not make an exposure, but transports
>film only. . . . finishing the job it should have completed last time.
>
>John H. assigned this bug to the placement of the winder/motor switches
>under the baseplate.  But I may have an unrelated additional problem:
>Often the winder will only advance the film a little on each subsequent
>try. In fact I may have to push the shutter several times to get the
>next frame fully advanced (Maddening!)  Can it be related to the
>tightness I've always felt in the 2S advance, especially towards the end
>of a roll?  Nothing like the smoothness of the OM-1.  The problem is
>indeed specific to this body, since I have 2 winders that behave like
>this on the 2S, but work great on the OM-1.
>
>Still. . . . . I LOVE this camera.
>

>Morgan Sparks

Morgan,

I would guess your hypothesis about the tightness of the shutter advance
mechanism is probably correct. BTW my OM-2S shutter advance track is also
much stiffer than my OM-1's, although it still works fine with a winder.
Yours is perhaps a cautionary tale.

Wish I knew more that might be helpful. Probably time to consider CLA.

Joel