Re: [OM] Henri Cartier Bresson - OM equivalent to Leica M + 35/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Henri Cartier Bresson - OM equivalent to Leica M + 35/2?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Aug 1998 08:47:28 +1000
Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> with his Leica and small lens with hood.  I have heard that some
> professionals (artists) swear by the usefulness of the little Leica RF
> cameras with a Summicron f2 and I wondered whether the OM1 with the 35/2.8
> or 40/2 could not be just as inspirational (that's balanced mentioning the
> Leica I hope!).

I bought a clunky C*n*n rangefinder about 6 months ago, to cart around
when I didn't want to lug my OM gear, and to use for street and party
shots.

I sat down and measured recently, and it turns out my OM-1 with 50/1.8
is narrower, shorter and lighter!

cjb.

--
It's boring being a program when your only job is inserting a random .sig.
Muggins thinks I've put his .sig here, won't he be surprised...