Re: [OM] Olympus Auto-Exposure VS. Other brands

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Auto-Exposure VS. Other brands
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:00:43 -0800
On 10 Aug 98 at 9:33, John Hermanson wrote:

> The OM-10 & 20 do not have air dampers on the mirror mechs.

Which brings up the question: can it be added economically to the OM-10/20?
Whenever I go back to using my OM-10, I find the noise quite frightening
compared to my 4T. My OM-10 is due for a CLA to fix oil on the magnet, maybe
the dampening could be improved at the same time?

Interestingly, a friend's P*ntax ME, which seems equivalent to the OM-10 in
most ways (ie: entry level, partially plastic body around the same vintage) has
a *much* quieter shutter, more like the 4T. But is has many other weaknesses,
like the poke you in the eye power "switch", and has not held nearly as well
over the years...