Re: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Aug 1998 12:33:45 +1000
Bob Mills <k8wx@xxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> I need to shoot some slides for a church project off of some Power Point
> screens I have created. Having no slide experience if anyone can give me
> some tips I would appreciate it. I used a white background and added
> color accents to certain text blocks.

I shot my monitor screen (and scenes including a monitor screen) at
1/8s with ordinary average metering (OM-1) and it came out fine.

Provided you use a shutter speed longer than the scan time, shoot a
monitor screen just the way you would shoot any other still-life.

> Which film speed?

I was using 400 neg film (because that's what I had in the camera at
the time).  I just checked the -ves (Fuji Superia and Kodak T400CN)
and the exposure looks good, text is quite readable.

I reckon any 100ISO or slower slide film would do well.

Here's a nutty idea: What about inverting the colours on the monitor,
shooting B&W neg and projecting the negs?  Prolly cheaper than
slides...

(Anybody tried that?)

How about biasing the colours on the monitor so that you could get
a colour neg that looks like a chrome?  Now *that* would be a hack!

cjb

--
 chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, when he visits the Real World, is Christopher J. Biggs
 Stallion Technologies, Australia.   Ph. +61-7-3270-4266 Fax. +61-7-3270-4245