Re: [OM] Olympus Auto-Exposure VS. Other brands

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Auto-Exposure VS. Other brands
From: Brice1021@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:04:39 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-10 , Stuart Goggin wrote:

<< In regards to the OM 20 shutter noise,   I too have noticed that my OM 20
is
 very noisy.   It appears that the mirror slaps really badly as it is moved
 back to its resting position.    In fact the vibration as this happens is
 very noticable too.    I always thought that it was just a bad example that
 I bought,  but have heard similar "explosions" from other OM 20's.

I've got and OM-G (US version of the OM-20) and it's a noisy/shaky camera too.
When the mirror swings up it makes a 'clop' noise.  And when it returns after
the exposure, it vibrates against the the mirror stop.  I can't trust it on a
tripod.  It's by no means a professional camera but I use it as a trusty
backup for handheld shots at 1/60 or above.

Bill Rice
RLB, Illinois