Re: [OM] Montreal used equipment source

Subject: Re: [OM] Montreal used equipment source
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:24:50 -0800

Denton Taylor wrote:

>Gary's right. I've spent many a happy hour in Montreal. It's like
>going to Paris without the hassle.

At a risk of disagreeing with yet another OLY list luminary, I must
comment that Montreal, despite its numerous guilty pleasures, is no
Paris -- in the same vein as Philadelphia or Boston would make poor
substitutes for New York City.  For once, you won't find a decent
pastrami on rye in Paris (try Schwartz's in Montreal!), and Montreal
is not exactly the place for a good couscous royale (try Chez Beber
in Paris).  :-)

>And, I've been [in Montreal] in the winter and enjoyed it!

Masochist!  Brrr, just the THOUGHT of it makes me feel freezing cold.
:-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA