Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service in Australia)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service in Australia)
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 22:24:33 +0200
Dan Lau wrote:

> Anyone else
> have a genuine Olympus leatherette strap?  Also, most of my straps are
> black, except for one which seemed to be very dark brown, anyone know how
> many different straps were made by Olympus?  Anyone care besides myself? :-)

I haven´t heard of a OM strap, made of leather. my oldest Books show
only the dark brown nylon plastic strap with the extra shoulder pad.
An Olympus Pen FT manual of 1966 shows an strap similar to this, so maybe
there has been never a leather OM strap, but this list teached me of the
existence of the very unusual"snakeskin" OMs, so the theoretical
posibility exist.
Later Olympus introduced with the OM-4 and OM-2SP the black nylon woven
straps with blue Olympus writen on it an anti slid pad sewed on it.
I like this most, it´s small, flexible and don´t crys in bright yellow
and red "steal me".

Richard