Re: [OM] mercury battery adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] mercury battery adapter
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:09:01 GMT
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:45:35 -0500, Greg Heier
<gheier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Anyone know what exactly these two solutions consist of? They have to be
>pretty simple and inexpensive to do yourself. This would be nice info to
>have in the FAQ.
>Greg

AFAIK the MR-9 is nothing but a holder for the slightly smaller silver
cells and a Schottky diode in series with the cell.

The internal modification will probably be a change of resistor(s) and
a recalibration of the meter, I suppose.
Maybe John will lift a tip of the veil here... perhaps he just puts a
Schottky diode in series with the battery too. But he also modifies
the battery chamber to have the right size for the silver cell.

Frank.