Re: [OM] Olympus straps

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus straps
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:04:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 23:46, rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Now I know why I keep finding bodies missing those nice Oly split rings!
>Jan, next time drop those split rings in an envelope and mail to me -
>I'll put 'em to good use!

>Neal      Rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx   Panama City, FL

>Jan Steinman wrote:
>> 1) Immediately discard the split-rings that go through the strap holes.
>> : Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> : 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA

Hay, it is a lot easier to mail them down here to CA than to FL :-).
Seriously, used bodies are always without the straps or split rings.
And even if I manage to find an old genuine Olympus strap (I now
understand "leatherette" to mean the nylon ones), there is always
something else missing: the split rings, the little eyelet rivets
(last time I had to pay $1 for one stupid rivet that I lost, and it
wasn't even from Olympus -- the guy took it off a Pentax strap), or
the little rectangular "belt loops" to keep the ends of the straps
together.
        -Dan