Re: [OM] HCB - OM eqivalent to Leica M + 35/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] HCB - OM eqivalent to Leica M + 35/2?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:44:06 EDT
Hi Shawn:

> Can anyone tell me if using a 1400dpi scan from a Nikon coolscan
>  is sufficient for 4 colour glossy printing at about 6x9" size?

Staying above 150 dpi after setting the image size in your digital image
editing software insures a good quality print, at least on my Epson 800,
although I detect a *slightly* better print at aound 200 dpi.  So you should
be able to go to 9 x 13.5" without quality loss, assuming NO cropping.  I scan
many 35 mm f/2.8 Zuiko (single coated) shots.  They make remarkable 8 x 12
digital prints, even at a diffraction limited f/16.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV