Re: [OM] M15V NiCad charger 1

Subject: Re: [OM] M15V NiCad charger 1
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:26:34 -0700
>David Brown wrote:
>> is there a way to remove the metal plate without damaging it? The
>> solvents I would normally use to remove the glue (eg acetone) will
dissolve
>> the plastic cover.

Don't mean to but in, but naptha can be used to disolve the glue with no
harm to the plastic parts. Naptha is a solvent, and is sold as a cleaning
solvent and is also marketed as fluid for cigarette lighters. The cleaning
solvent version seems to be more purified than the lighter fluid version,
but this is my subjective opinion, not based on scientific testing. The
cleaning solvent version is sold (at least in the US) at super markets,
pharmacies, and hardware stores. One brand name is "Energine Cleaning
Fluid". In the US it sells for about $3.00 for a small metal can. Will last
forever and cleans spots out of your clothes to boot. It is very useful for
removing any type of gummy glue and will not harm any plastic or painted
surface.

Regards,
John Austin