Re: [OM] Mirror, mirror, on the mount, which ones suck, which ones count

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror, mirror, on the mount, which ones suck, which ones count!
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:38:05 -0700
I have a mirror lens in the form of a telescope, a Celestron C-11.  I have
the appropriate adapter pieces to fit my OM's to it and enjoy the challange
and frustration of taking 120 minute exposures through it.  Th times I've
played with "normal" daylight photography with it I found it to have almost
zero depth of field (not a surprise at 2800mm focal length) and the contract
was exceptionally flat - very low.

Oh, one other thing - at 130 pounds (~60kg) with tripod and mount, its not
likely to win any OM awards for compactness or light weight <g>

I too have considered a 500mm Zuiko tele lens, but see it as an answer
looking for a problem.

John P
Life is a coloring book ...... get out your crayons!

Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx> asked