Re: Scanning (Was: Re: [OM] HCB - OM eqivalent to Leica M + 35/2?)

Subject: Re: Scanning (Was: Re: [OM] HCB - OM eqivalent to Leica M + 35/2?)
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:25:39 -0700
Oops! I said "dot matrix" when I guess I should have said "ink jet." And I
use "samples per inch" (spi) rather than "dots per inch" when discussing
sensors that sample light, versus devices that put down ink or generate
light.

It's a subtle difference, but I find it helps me think about the process
and its artifacts -- thinking about "sampling" something you are scanning,
versus thinking about the "dots" that come out on your screen. Sort of like
thinking about the light falling on your subject, rather than how the print
looks.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229