Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service)
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 16:58:45 -0400
>I've been using these thickly padded, stretchy, straps that are sold by
>Tamrac and others.  >Ken

Hi Ken and the group,

Most of the family and relatives use the Tamrac straps and they are of fine
quality.  By chance (need) I got some AZTEC straps from PvT and what a
suprise.  These straps are a little longer than the Tamrac (nice for
hanging one camera high, one low on the chest) and have opposite mating
male/female separation snaps.  That means if the long neck strap is
removed, the remaining short sections attached to the camera can be clicked
together and form a short hand strap.  The OMPC with any of the short
primes, 28/35/50mm, balances very close to horizontal and the 'short strap'
can be hung over a tree branch for near level shooting.

Also, 2 of our OMPC's came with nylon straps and a rubber-type slide adjust
neck pads.

Jim in Delaware