Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:53:00 -0400
At 09:58 AM 8/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I am considering an XA, or possibly other Olympus compact
>camera for my wife to use.

Hi Shawn,

I'm a typical OM user on the reflector.  Many OM bodies and way too many
lenses with a fond respect for the 35mm focal length primes.  An XA was the
family's Father's Day gift and what a suprise.  A magnificent lens and lots
of flexibility that is not immediately obvious.  Over and under exposure
can be forced by resetting the film speed selector and flash can be used
with any aperture from f2.8-22.

XA lens sharpness from f5.6-16 is legendary, and picture after picture,
better than my current new Stylus.  If you think your wife will appreciate
the flexibility, not mind manual focus and manual film advance, then the XA
will serve well.  If her effort is better served 'focusing' on the scene,
the newer P&S offerings might make her happier.

If YOU end up with one and want to use it with 52 mm filters for B&W or
enhancer, neutral density, etc, let me know and I'll pass along a way to
adapt those filters to the XA.

Best of luck.  Don't forget to ask your wife what SHE wants :)

Jim in Delaware