Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 17:54:32 -0700
On 16 Aug 98, at 16:53, The Family wrote:

> If YOU end up with one and want to use it with 52 mm filters for B&W or
> enhancer, neutral density, etc, let me know and I'll pass along a way to
> adapt those filters to the XA.
>
> Best of luck.  Don't forget to ask your wife what SHE wants :)

Thanks - I've asked her, and she would prefer a fully auto everything
like the Stylus. But I hesitate for a few reasons:

1. I'd like her to learn more about photography, and hope the XA
might help her by requiring *little* bit of thought and understanding.
2. She has managed some successful shots with my OM-10 with
or without flash, but focussing is always the big problem. I'm
hoping the rangefinder focus of the XA will be easier. Or maybe the
zone focus of the XA2 would be better?
3. I'd like to have one for a take everywhere camera.

I know a high end AF P&S with manual override would make us
both happy, but we can't afford that right now.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)