Re: [OM] Photo-shops in Sydney (was HC-B - Oly eqiv. etc)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo-shops in Sydney (was HC-B - Oly eqiv. etc)
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:05:27 +1000
Foxy,

Paxton's Photographics is just near Wynyard Station (on George St, methinks)
in central Sydney.

When I say a 'fair' amount, I'm talking relatively - Most shops have very
little OM gear.  L+P (Artarmon)  have barely any (just a beaten up 4ti, last
I checked); there's a place under the Hilton in the city that has a
shelf-full (overpriced); European Cameras at the Byron Mapp Gallery probably
have the best prices and condition, but very little stock, although they've
got the only 3ti I've ever seen, and a mint boxed 21mm Zuiko last time I
checked; Ted's have none; a place on Pitt St (forgotten the name) have some
dusty, pricey stuff; Camera House in Chatswood have some (dusty again); and
Mainline in Crows Nest occasionally get top quality, well-priced gear.  The
other problem is that almost half of the Oly stuff is OM10s and 50/1.8s

This list isn't exhaustive, but gives an idea of the context when I talk
about Paxton's.  They do have a good-looking 300/4.5 (as does the place
under the Hilton), but some of the stock has been sitting there for a while,
like a 50/1.4 for $195 (I bought a lovely one at European Cameras for $95).

Cheers

Andy