Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:42:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Shawn Wright wrote:

> Thanks, I will consider these comments carefully. I think the last
> Epic I saw was closer to $279 CDN though, with the regular Stylus
> around $189. I may be wrong though.

    Around here, the Stylus goes for as low as $95, the Epic for $119 or
so. Sounds like the Epic might be the better choice for her. But you might
still consider an XA for yourself, since it allows you control of depth of
field, selective focusing, + - exposure corrections, less lag time,
infinitely longer exposures, silent running (my Stylus makes far more
noise just focusing the lens), plus (specially with the A16) selectively
controllable (and bracketable) fill flash.
 Oh, I imagine I'll be buying an Epic soon too...my Stylus can't last
forever (it outlived TWO N*k*n Lite-Touches in similar duty --- and the
Lite Touch is a wonderful camera, but relatively fragile), can it ?

                                   *= Doris Fang =*