Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ? -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ? -Reply
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:03:43 -0800
On 17 Aug 98 at 11:50, Perry Bain wrote:

> As far as durability is concerned, The Stylus still works fine after 5+
> years, but I hardly ever use it. The 35RC, like my OM1, is still working
> fine after 20+ years. I don't think you can expect the new breed of
> plastic, all-electronic cameras to last over 20 years, but, on the other
> hand, the newest 35RC's, etc. are already getting old. I suspect the
> mechanical cameras will continue to have superior reliability and
> repairability. I have an old, all mechanical Exakta (circa 1956) that still
> works fine.

Your perspective is on the Stylus vs 35RC interesting - I'm hoping to find one
of these 35RCs someday.
About old mechanical cameras: just developed a roll from my 1940/50s Yashica
TLR, some daylight wedding shots, some indoor portraits with my Bounce Grip (!)
- all the negs look very good. It even balances quite nicely on the bounce
grip, although the built sync cable is too short.
It is quite cool to use this camera, knowing that it is the same one used for
many photos of my Dad as a young boy.