Re: [OM] XA + 52mm filts

Subject: Re: [OM] XA + 52mm filts
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:02:31 -0400
>>       8) Don't solder the plate while it's attached to the XA!
>>It works.  Looks ugly.  Doubtful this will ever make the FAQ :)
>
>Hum... perhaps I'll try to clean this up (seems 52mm is way too big a
>filter) for the faq...
>
>Cheers,
>--Lee

Go for it Lee.  Edit to your heart's content.  BTW, the take off angle of
my plate is about 60 degrees to get the filter position I wanted.  The
choice of 52mm was strictly determined by what was on hand and the cheap
supply of old U/V filters.  The distance between the sliding cover and
filter is around 1/4-3/8 inch.  That was kept close for vignetting purposes
and keeping filter dust particles from showing up on the 2.8 ft shots at
f22 (I do this often, esp. at the Bonsai cabinets in Brooklyn).

The only consideration is whether to offset the filter for easier access to
the focusing tab or go on-center for those clear-center soft filters.
Haven't tried a polarizer since the viewfinder is not in line with the lens
but the Tiffen enhancer has been very effective.

CUL, Jim