RE: [OM] OM1n - Can this do TTL flash???

Subject: RE: [OM] OM1n - Can this do TTL flash???
From: "R. Wastell" <rrw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:02:09 -0800
You are correct that the OM-1n cannot meter off the film or control the flash
with through the lens metering. You can only use manual or regular auto flash
modes.

The advantage of using the OM-1n instead of an OM-1 with a T-series flash is
the LED in the viewfinder. As was mentioned in an earlier post, the LED
indicator lights up to show the flash is ready to fire. It also blinks for a
few seconds after the shot if the sensor on the flash (In the "O" of Olympus on
T-series flashes) detects enough light reflecting back from the subject. If the
sensor does not detect enough light, the LED stays out.

The LED works whether the flash is mounted on the shoe or connected with a TTL
cord.

This does bring up another question though. I know the LED works when using
more than one T-series flash connected with TTL cords. Do the connected flashes
(all on regular auto) affect or quench each other or does each operate
separately?

Bob