Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which is the best of the XAs ?
From: rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:43:29 -0500
I've been following this thread with interest for a while. I enjoyed
using my Infinity Stylus for a number of years. It spent many Florida
summer days baking in my car, many saturdays in my pocket at the beach.
The slides it produced were pretty darn good. I did miss an infinity
lock, though. It finally failed - on top of Wildrose peak in Death
Valley last Oct. I had left the other cameras in the car to reduce
weight for the climb (it turned out to be an easier climb than I
expected). I didn't know it was malfunctioning till I got the slides
back (only a few were exposed at all and in focus) - ARGH!!! So now I'm
uneasy about getting another pocket auto. I hunted down an XA - very
nice; I like the manual control, but I can't clearly see the rangefinder
(contact lenses)! I've tried to keep an OM and 50f1.8 handy, but it just
won't fit my pocket. Still looking. Candidates are the Epic, Yashica T4,
and new Fuji 1000MRC (a very tiny APS model).

Neal    Panama City, FL

......(deleted)