[OM] Super Telephoto

Subject: [OM] Super Telephoto
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:51:43 +0000
For a fast zuiko telephoto what would members of the list recommend:
180 F2,
250 f2
or 350 f2.8
with or without 1.4 converter. Does that degrade performance noticeably, eg
180 + 1.4 compared with 250.
I could only afford one, once my finances have settled down from the last
batch of purchases.
I would like to use it for motor racing/nature photography etc.
I'm not sure if the 2nd hand prices are similar, dependent on condition
etc.
Is it worth splashing out or are the 180 f2.8 or 300 f4.5 nearly as good in
practice.
Thanks
Richard