[OM] oly home page

Subject: [OM] oly home page
From: "Matthew J. Cordery" <cordery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:46:17 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it curious that the Olympus home
page (www.olympus.com) doesn't include a link to our admittedly narcissitic
unofficial gallery. Seems ours is much better anyway..... A number of outdoor
stores that I know of are clever in this regard. That is, they put up photos in
their store of customers who've bought gear there and used it to do fun things.
This generates a lot of good will between the customers and the business and, I
might add, a lot of sales. New customers also like it because they interpret
it,
and rightly so, as there being a strong bond between the business and the
customer. In these days of WalMarts and Costcos, I think we could do with a bit
of that, eh? Just my $2 worth (inflation adjusted).