Re: [OM] OM4 & F280

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 & F280
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:25:15 -0700
Ken;

The only idea I have is that, because the flash is pretty wimpy guide number
wise
above 1/60 shutter speed, perhaps the flash is correct - pictures are
underexposed
and you need to get closer to the subject.  Ooops, wait a minute, I just picked
up
my F280 manual.  Did you say you're using a 4 (NOT a 4T)???  If so, no go.  The
4
does NOT allow Super FP flash. Only the 4T (and I think the 3T) and the OM-77
work
with FP.  So, if you're setting the F280 to Super FP mode on the 4, I think
you're
'out-of-bounds'.

Here's briefly how the F280 works with the 4 per the manual:
OTF mode:
    Set F280 to NORMAL;
    Set OM-4 to AUTO;
    Select an aperture which then determines a working distance (examples at ASA
100 are: F/4 = 1 to 7 m, F/5.6= 0.7 to 5 m, f/8=0.5 to 3.5 m)
    Check shutter speed and close aperture down IF shutter speed is above 1/60:
IE: 4 will not fire flash faster than 1/60, but will at any speed slower than
1/60.
    Take photo.
    Check over/under LEDs and adjust aperture accordingly.

Hope this helps.

george