Re: [OM] Airport detectors

Subject: Re: [OM] Airport detectors
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Aug 1998 08:15:21 +1000
JWHays@xxxxxxx moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> Recently I have had  a new twist at domestic airport security check points.  I
> carry 2 Oly cameras and assorted lenses, flashes, etc in small Tamrac backpack
> as a carry on. The last 2 flights, as the backpack moves through the bag
> check, the operators eyebrows have raised and the next thing you know they are
> asking me what's inside and I am at the table openning the backpack up for

A cow-orker here has a sidleline in airport X-rays.

He says the machines are calibrated to trigger on objects of certain
densities and atomic number.

I guess an OM lens looks closer to a gunbarrel than does a
modern plastic toy lens. :-)

cjb

--
 ------------------ Linux hackers do it in protected mode -------------------
 | Christopher Biggs - Software Engineer, Stallion Technologies, Australia  |