Re: [OM] Flash failure

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash failure
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:33:01 -0400
On the original OM-1, the sync socket affects both the shoe and the  pc
outlet.  With the 1N, Olympus modified  the sync circuit with a diode to
make the shoe always X.
They did this specifically so you could accidently set the switch to FP and
still get your electronic flash pics in sync.
Since noone uses flashbulbs anymore, I disable the FP function.

John