Re: [OM] dedicated flash for OM2s

Subject: Re: [OM] dedicated flash for OM2s
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:59:48 -0800

John Hayes wrote:

>I may be wrong about this, but the only caution I would add is when
>I looked into the 433D I thought the fixed dedicated module prevented
>off camera TTL use and also lacked a way to connect a sych cord (?)
>Is there a way to use it off camera without losing dedication?

There are 3 diff. solutions.  First, one can mount the 433D on Bounce
Grip 2 which is equipped with a TTL socket.  (Sadly, BG2 can feed ext.
power only to T-series strobes, but that's a diff. story).  Second,
a TTL Connector T20 can be attached to the 433D, providing the
necessary TTL socket.  And finally, one can use the Duo-Sync (sp?)
cord, now sadly discontinued, but still available here and there.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx