Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness

Subject: Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 17:46:10 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/98 5:37:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sschaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Which reminds me -- the 200/f4 didn't meet reserve either, but the
 seller has offered it to me (as high bidder) for $90.  Any
 off-the-cuff advice from the list about whether I should take him up
 on the offer?  I'm not dying for a 200, but I also wouldn't mind
 having one. >>

I've had a 200/4 for about 20 years now... was my first lens (after the
prerequisite 50/1.8 of course). I love it - very sharp and contrasty, fairly
easy to carry. For $90, I would say its a steal, if the glass really is good.