Re: [OM] Classic 20 Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Classic 20 Cameras
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:02:50 +0100
>You piqued my interest.  While I know I can read it at Border's, what was the
>summary on the OM-4Ti?
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Gary (& anyone else who is interested of course)

Here is is for your delectation and casual interest:

OM4Ti.  "This camera may be dimunutive, but the performance isn't.
Introduced in Sept 1989, it sold well initially, though sales are now
beginning to slow. £1,199 (body only) buys a reliable, well-made,
titanium-bodied, manual focus SLR camera.  There's sheer pleasure in
handling this camera which sits very well in the hand and it's a logical
development of the Olympus OM series, maintaining its reputation for
quality and reliability, and the range of lenses available."

Not very enlightening is it?  It reads like the first draft of an annual
appraisal of someone about whom you know little, but of whom you vaguely
remember something good at the beginning of the reporting period.  You
might expect a machine which gives you "pleasure in handling" to "sit well
in the hand"... n'est ce pas?  I believe that "tautology" describes this
accurately.

Chris