[OM] Mail problems from certain ISPs

Subject: [OM] Mail problems from certain ISPs
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 09:46:21 -0700
I have indentified a problem with mail coming from certain ISPs
using SLMail which was preventing delivery through our firewall to
Zuiko. It appears that SLMail is not fully RFC compliant and does
not make use of fallback mail hosts when they exist.

This explains the 3 messages from C.H. Ling which suddenly
came through from the 12th and 13th. It was also affecting mail
from Rand E. Tomcala, and maybe others. I have temporarily
relaxed our firewall to permit this non standard mailer access, but I
urge those of you using these ISPs to ask them about the
standards compliance of their mail servers if you are concerned
about reliable mail delivery...

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright