Re: [OM] Flash question.

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash question.
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 14:17:58 -0500
Hi Daniel,

This is a guess, but I think "AF" on a flash is meaningless. It was
probably put on the label to hype the flash on the notion that the OM-77AF
might take off and be the great new thing in the OM system. About as
meaningful as putting "digital" or "natural" on a product.  (I bought a
pair of "digital" headphones once.  I guess the zeroes went in one ear and
the ones in the other.)

If it were me and I liked the price, I'd try it out.

Joel

At 06:52 PM 8/22/1998 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear list members,
>
>I have an OM4 and have been toying with the idea to add a flash to my
equipment bag.

>Recently i was offered a brand new Sunpak 433AF flash for 2/3 of the list
price, but it was labeled "for Olympus AF".  I do not know what Olympus AF
camera it was intended for, because there where no instructions in the box.
The hot-shoe connection had the same pin-out as my OM4 and  i was offered
to try it out, but
>having no instuctions and no previous flash experience i declined.
>
>Then i thought i might turn to you for some advice.
>
>Can this flash be used with my OM4?
>
>Can it be used as an TTL AUTO flash?
>
>Have anyone any experience with this flash unit?
>
>What exactly is an AF flash?
>
>By the way i found the Sunpak web page (http://www.sunpak.com) but it
contained no usefull information.

>Regards,
>
>Daniel Nordling
>

>PS. I have been lurking on this list on and off during the last two years,
and i am very impressed with the combined knowledge it presents.