Re: [OM] Cat/mirror lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Cat/mirror lenses
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:43:21 -0400
I followed the mirror lens thread with interest cuz I have a Vivitar 600mm
solid cat. I didn't contribute because I was leaving for vacation, from
which I have just returned. I must say, I don't care for it much. Very low
in contrast and not terribly sharp either.

July last year I moved into this apartment which has a distant view of the
Statue of Liberty from a roof deck. One evening I noticed the sun was
setting directly behind it. I thought it would make a great shot for the 4t
and the 600, but having had a couple beers and feeling relaxed, I figured I
could make the shot the next night. However, the next night was too late
because the sun no longer set directly behind the statue, which I hadn't
figured would happen (don't laugh, all you astronomers!)

This year I was ready, but of course, the perfect night was cloudy. Still,
I got some shots the night before, as well as a couple of other shots, and
I will post them on a web page this week, for anyone interested in the
'qualities' of mirror lenses. I'll notify the list when they're up...

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com