Re: [OM] New member.

Subject: Re: [OM] New member.
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:29:03 -0800
John Austin wrote:

>don't let these old boys and girls try to scare you off Leica. Their
>bark is worse than their bite.

Hmm, only a man without my bite marks on his buttocks would be foolish
enough to think that. :-)  And what about this "old boys" business?
Who's OLD, huh?

>Just try to talk about Oly most of the time and you'll be OK. Especially
>if you say things like how much better you like Oly than Leica. :-)

Ok, because of the above you get to get off with a warning -- this time!!

>BTW, anyone know if Oly ever made an interchangeable lens RF? There's an
>Olympus Ace outfit on e-Bay. Comes with some extra lenses, but I can't
>tell from the picture if they're interchangeable, or if they screw on as
>supplementeries.

Actually, Olympus made two: Ace (1958) and Ace E (1959).  The latter had
a built-in selenium meter, but no auto-exposure.  The std. lens was a
45mm F2.8.  In addition, there were a 35mm F2.8 and an 80mm F5.6.  The
mount is bayonet, and unique to Olympus.

Interestingly enough, after the Ace Olympus never pursued the inter-
changeable lens R/F market, IMHO -- mainly because they came out with
the phenomenally successful Pen F/FT half frame SLRs.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx