[OM] I'm Back :-)

Subject: [OM] I'm Back :-)
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:43:35 -0400
Welcome back, Jim!

I myself came back from Scotland on Monday, the 17th.  I was there between the
3rd and the morning of the 17th.

My luck with sunshine seems to be better than Jim, because I got to use several
rolls of Velvia and Provia 100, although I have to admit all the unused film
were in those speeds as well.  In particular, August 8 was perfect in weather in
Edinburgh.  The sun was out all day long.    Sometimes when you get up early,
you can catch the sun.  One morning I went shooting before breakfast.  I don't
remember how the rest of the day went, but that early morning sky was better
than the August 8 weather.  I had twenty to thirty minutes of sunshine when I
was walking along the shore of Loch Katrine on August 15.  I switched my film of
Fuji Super G 800 to Velvia when the sun came out and was able to finish the roll
in the next hour since I was not carrying two bodies at the time.

I managed to get a few good shots from our tour bus, a shot of Loch Lomond got a
boat that says Loch Lomond which I did not know when I shot the picture.  I got
a shot of Highland Cattle with two people on the side.  I learned the hard way
that I should have been using a higher-speed film when using a telephoto from a
moving vehicle.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx