Re: [OM] 1/4000 sec + fast sync (was New member +)

Subject: Re: [OM] 1/4000 sec + fast sync (was New member +)
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:09:00 -0700
Not boring at all Jim.  You gotta do whatcha gotta do.  You are shooting
some highly specialized subject matter at the highest levels possible.  Its
tougher in the envelope corners.  200 mph is about the limit to freeze
motion at 1/2000 sec.  Even at that I get traces of wheel rotation on race
cars.  I haven't done the math, but at 500 MPH I can see needing 1/4000 or
faster pretty easily.

At the opposite extreme, shooting astro photos get pretty wild.  Now
sharpness depends upon the ability to move the camera and optical system
with great precision for extended periods of time - hours worth.  The good
news is the OM body is very well suited for this application <g>.  Keep
those F-15 shots coming!

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.