Re: [OM] High Speeds and OM Sale/Chris/Doris/John+

Subject: Re: [OM] High Speeds and OM Sale/Chris/Doris/John+
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:20:13 +0100
CHRIS....Thanks for your pilots perspective... It is so nice to have
someone like her to share this hobby and this happens all the time.  Do you
still have the passion for things that fly, and for photographing them?

A pleasure.  My wife has a very good eye for an unusual angle or framing.
If only she would help me more often :-)  My passion for photographing
stuff is difficult to fulfil at work.  My office overlooks the airfield at
RAF Brueggen; the centre of  the runway is about 200 yards away.  However,
I do not take my camera to work very often, only for a specific shot.  One
of these is the shot of a Tornado using thrust reverse on landing on a wet
runway with the low sun backlighting the resulting spray.  Since the
aircraft has to be on the correct runway late in the afternoon, I have not
been as assiduous as I might have in pursuing this shot.  Otherwise, I am
only interested in unusual aircraft.  I was really miffed for instance that
I missed a shot of a MiG 23 on my first ever sight of one at this airfield.
I was based here on my "kiddy tour" when they were all the enemy!  I did
get a good shot of Hind D helicopters though - exciting times we live in
when the Wall is a dusty memory ...

OM content:  the 300/4.5 is ideal for aircraft overflying the runway, but I
get some "witty" comments from my personnel.

Chris