Re: [OM] Ethics Revisted

Subject: Re: [OM] Ethics Revisted
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:34:06 -0700
Pittsburg Camera Exchange is famous on the net for this type of behaviour.
Their actions are openly discussed on the rec.photo groups. Most knowledge
bidders shy well clear of their auctions. They also will refuse to tell you
the reserve amount if you ask before the end of the auction. Most legit
sellers I've dealt with have no problem with that. I'm sorry you were
subjected to their BS, Gary. Now you know better. Don't give up on e-bay
because of a few creeps. BTW, I'm starting to see a lot of familiar names
from the list popping up as bidders on e-Bay. It seems that lately for some
reason, a lot of the available Oly gear is showing up there from private
sellers. Some of the old standby dealers have empty cupboards or the same
old overpriced things.

Regards,
John Austin