Re: [OM] Mirror Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror Lenses
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:18:14 -0400
At 07:06 PM 8/24/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>Denton
I enjoyed your 2 photos, worth discussing.  Given the limitations of the
viewing medium (my Apple MS15") I cannot see the problem with the second
photo.  Surely they both have their good points?

Chris, thanks for your comments. To me, the second photo has no 'snap' (low
contrast) and is not particularly sharp (can't read the sign 'Republic
National Bank' on the large building ahead). It is very slightly readable
on the tranny; it certainly loses something in the scanning process. Also
the tail lights 'flare' more than they would with a conventional glass
lens, I think, althogh I don't find the effect objectionable.

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com